MY SWEETHEART, I LOVE YOU. YOUR PEACE IS IN ME.

 Monday, May 22, 2023

RITA OF CASCIA, RELIGIOUS

Weekday of Easter (7)

First Reading. Acts 19: 1-8
Psalm. 68: 2-7 (R. sec 33a)
Gospel. John 16:29-33)

TOPIC FOR REFLECTION

OUR PEACE IS IN CHRIST JESUS

Hellooooo...

My precious sweetheart.

Wait, hope you are not angry I call you my sweetheart. 😆 

Well, please, do not be, because I love you with my whole heart.

You are very special to me and I pray that our love for each other shall continue to glow in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

My dear, the love, joy, and happiness we share should be rooted in the heart and mind of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you know that we can share our love because our peace is in Christ?

If we are inside Christ, certainly we are saved.

So, I fell in love with you because of our peaceful co-existence, and Christ being the root pillar of our lives, in Him is our peace.

The disciples express their joy that Jesus was no longer speaking to them in parables but in plain words. The whole message became clear to them, and it intensify their love for Jesus. 

However, Jesus who loved us with a compassionate heart, and knowing fully well that He was about to depart, express His unreserved love with assured hope that, though the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when we will be scattered, every man to his home, and will leave Him alone.

Then, Jesus said "I am not alone, for the Father is with me. I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Can you give me a smile for that reason, please? 😆 😆 😆 

Wait, do you know that this message of hope keeps us going despite all the tribulations we are facing in our daily lives? Jesus assured us that He has overcome the world for us.

More reason our love for each other, one another should not be jeopardized. More so, it is our true love for each other or one another that will enable the Holy Spirit to have a place to dwell in us.

This is more reason I said from the beginning that I love you so that when the Holy Spirit will arrive, He will have an enabling place to dwell 

Remember that the Holy Spirit can only dwell where there is love and not hatred. Hence, the love we share makes our peace to be rooted in Jesus. 

Therefore, let us show and share love, so that our peace in Jesus may be manifested deeply in our daily life's activities.

Today we celebrate St. Rita of Casia.

This noble woman called Rita, when her husband died, she joined an Augustinian community of religious sisters, where she was known both for practicing mortification of the flesh and for the efficacy of her prayers. Various miracles are attributed to her intercession, and she is often portrayed with a bleeding wound on her forehead, which is understood to indicate a partial stigma.

She was in love with Jesus and found her peace in Him. Love for Jesus drove her into a religious life. 

Today she is a saint. Let your love for Jesus make a Saint.

Peace ✌️ with you. 

Rev.Fr Segun Oladeji, CRS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW WHY AND HOW JESUS OVERCAME HIS TEMPTATION?

IF JESUS WAS BAD, CAN YOU FOLLOW HIM?

DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITICAL PERSON