DO NOT SCATTER THE CHURCH OF CHRIST

 Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Weekday of Easter (7)

First Reading. Acts 20: 28-38
Psalm. 68: 33-36 (R. cf. 33a)
Gospel. John 17: 11b -19

TOPIC FOR REFLECTION

DO NOT MISLEAD OTHERS.


Jesus prayed we should become one

So my dear, if you chose to leave the church, please leave quietly and don't drag others with you. 

Read what Jesus said about people like you and how St. Paul describes people like you.

Hmmm...

Some of us are very much proud of telling people how many years we have been Christians.

Some might even claim they have become born again for more than 100 years.

To the Catholics, some will tell the sweet memory story of how Pope Kettle was elected, how Bishop Pot was consecrated, and how Rev. Fr. Egg was ordained along with Fr. Bread. They tell you they are not a small child in Catholicism, but sad enough, those who tell these stories may have questionable moral characters.

The question is, in all these stories being told, what impact has the word of God done in their lives?

I ask you reading me, what effect is the word of God in your life?

My dear, let's not practice Christianity in vain, it does not matter how many years, but how effective is the word of God in our life?

Our lives should turn to another person of Christ as we follow Christ.

Today, Jesus prayed thus: 

“Holy Father, keep them (all Christians) in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one. While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me; I have guarded them, and none of them is lost but the son of perdition (except those who choose to get lost), that the Scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to you; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not pray that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake, I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth.”------ AMEN

Similarly, St. Paul through the elders of Ephesus speaks to us to take care of the flock entrusted to us, the flock which Jesus ordained with His blood, he warned them to guide against those who will scatter the church of God. Stressing that some people among the flock will arise to divide the Church, we should be careful.

Finally, he encouraged us to work with our hands, mind our business, and give more than we receive, to stay focused on God, pray regularly, not to teach wrong doctrine, and if we are confused about anything, Ask the elders of the Church for clarification. All of these will help to sustain ourselves in the church of Christ 

Peace ✌️ be with you.

Rev. Fr. Segun Oladeji, CRS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW WHY AND HOW JESUS OVERCAME HIS TEMPTATION?

IF JESUS WAS BAD, CAN YOU FOLLOW HIM?

DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITICAL PERSON