PLEASE KEEP GETTING ANGRY, YOU HAVE A LOT TO GAIN.

 Friday, March 3, 2023

Weekday of Lent (1)

First Reading.  Ezekiel 18: 21-28
Psalm. 130: 1-8 (R. 3)
Gospel. Matthew 5: 20-26

TOPIC FOR REFLECTION 

THINK ABOUT THESE...

Before you judge, ask yourself... 

1. Have I repented from my evil act before I condemn others? 

2. The Lord said if a sinner repents,  he will save him,  am I ready to be saved, if yes, I should repent of my evil ways. 

3. The Lord said any good man who turns to commit evil shall die. I say to myself this day that I will not change from being good to committing evil, rather I will continue to do good because I don't want God to punish me. 

From the Gospel... 

How can my spirituality become higher than those who do not know God? 

Ask yourself... 

4. Do not kill, but do I kill with my words and actions? Gossiping, backbiting, slanderer, false witnesses, planning the downfall of others, etc. These are the modern ways of killing today. 

5. Since you have been getting angry, what has been your moral, spiritual, health, and positive gain? Do you make more friends with your anger or more enemies? Think about it 

6. Jesus said we should not insult anybody,  yet insulting people is our second nature, if God should punish us for this, who will survive? Today's psalm 

7. Calling others FOOL or looking at them as a fool annoys God. So,  will you continue to annoy God 

8. What have you gained keeping malice,  and not forgiving? Do you think your offerings will be accepted by God? 

Not many sermons on forgiveness, if you do not forgive, God will not forgive you. Cf. Matt. 6: 14-15.

To keep malice with man is to keep malice with God because the friends with the world is an enemy of God. Cf. James 4: 4.

Peace ✌️ be with you. 

Rev. Fr. Segun Oladeji,  CRS. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice reflection fr, I think ur words fits the period we are in currently in the country, may God continue to inspire you...
(Somascan seminarian..)

Segun said…
Amen. Thank you
Unknown said…
And with your spirit, thank you Fr

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW WHY AND HOW JESUS OVERCAME HIS TEMPTATION?

IF JESUS WAS BAD, CAN YOU FOLLOW HIM?

DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITICAL PERSON