ALLOW GOD TO PRUNE YOU, IF YOU WANT SUCCESS.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Weekday of Easter (5)

ST JOHN OF AVILA, P.D (Opt. Mem.)

First Reading.  Acts 15: 1-6
Psalm. 122: 1-5 (R. see 1)
Gospel. John 15: 1-8

TOPIC FOR REFLECTION

YOUR DIFFICULTIES ARE PERIODS OF PRUNING BY THE LORD.

A good farmer must prune his crops to harvest good fruits, but any farmer who refuses to prune his crops will never harvest good fruits.

Jesus is the vine, and God is the vinedresser, while we are the branches of Jesus who is the Vine.

Jesus, who is the vine, whom God allowed to be pruned through suffering for our sake, to save us from our sins.
Though, Jesus did not need to be pruned through suffering, for our sake, and taught us by example that as His followers, we shall be persecuted; like He told us in John 16:33 saying...
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Therefore,  my dear...
If you are undergoing difficult situations for no fault of yours, know that the Lord is pruning you

As a Christian, if you are undergoing trials, temptations, and persecution for the sake of Christ, know that God is pruning you

If you are a good person, and people find fault in your good nature, take it that God is using them to prune you.

Please, always remember that...
1. Good character is a threat to a bad character.
2. Good people are a threat to bad people
3. A fruitful person is a threat to an unfruitful person
Just as Jesus' name is a threat to the devil.

So, as a farmer prune his crops regularly for them to produce good fruits, does God prunes us with the intricacies of life to bear good fruits? If we remain steadfast,  we shall later in the future bear good fruits.

Meanwhile, those who could not endure the pruning process through the intricacies of life do not bear good fruits. 

Jesus admonished us saying: You are already made clean by the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

So, let us try to remain in Christ, if we cut off from Christ, we will go into crisis.
We can only bear fruits if we remain in Christ, He will remain in us.

Finally, I joined my voice with that of St. Paul's voice that nothing shall separate us from the love of God. Cf. Rom. 8: 38-39.

So, we shall remain attached branches to Jesus the vine, so that God the vine dresser will be able to prune us for good fruits.

Peace ✌️ be with you.

Rev. Fr. Segun Oladeji,  CRS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW WHY AND HOW JESUS OVERCAME HIS TEMPTATION?

IF JESUS WAS BAD, CAN YOU FOLLOW HIM?

DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITICAL PERSON