JESUS WANTS YOU IN HEAVEN

 Wednesday, April 26, 2023

3rd Week of Easter 

First Reading.  Acts 8: 1-8
Psalm.  66: 1-7 (R. 1)
Gospel. John 6: 35-40

TOPIC FOR REFLECTION 

JESUS WANTS ALL OF US TO BE WITH HIM IN HEAVEN. 

It's only good parents that will want good for their children. 

The joy of every parent is to have their children safe. 

Therefore, if our earthly parents who are mortal and imperfect would always want good for their children, how much more of God who owns both our parents and their children; His care is endless. 

Many passages in the Bible made clear the unending compassionate merciful love of God. 

God never and will never forget anyone of us. 

He intends to be saved, more reason He sent Jesus Christ His Son to redeem us. 

Some are highlighted below๐Ÿ‘‡

1. Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.

                                                   Psalm 27. 10

2. Can a mother forget the baby at her breast, and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Even though she may forget, I, your God, will not forget you!

                                                    Isaiah 49: 15

3. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.

                                                     Psalm 103: 13

4. If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

                                                     Mathew 7: 11

5. They shall be mine, says the Lord of hosts, in the day when I make up my treasured possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him.

                                                    Malachi 3: 17 

We could go on quoting many Bible passages about God's love and mercy. 

It is with this intention of God that Jesus complemented in today's Gospel saying

 “I am the bread of life; he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst.  All that the Father gives me will come to me, and him who comes to me I will not cast out. For I have come down ‘from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me; and this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise them at the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him should have eternal life; and I will raise him at the last day.”

So, on the last day of our lives, The Lord will raise us to Himself in Heaven. 

In that regard, we should not allow anything whatsoever to make us lose sight of this great privilege. 

Like St. Paul said: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 

Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” – 

                                          Romans 8: 35, 38-39

A great example of standing firm with Christ despite the situation we may find ourselves in was rightly portrayed in today's first reading when persecution broke out, Saul before he was converted to Paul was killing the Christian faithful, and it was not recorded that any of them gave up the faith, rather they move out to preach in towns and cities they ran to. 

More reason it is said that persecution aid evangelization. 

Therefore, my dear brethren, I plead with us not to give up because Heaven is sure for us where we shall reign and enjoy with God in Heaven. 

Peace ✌️ be with you. 

Rev. Fr. Segun Oladeji, CRS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW WHY AND HOW JESUS OVERCAME HIS TEMPTATION?

IF JESUS WAS BAD, CAN YOU FOLLOW HIM?

DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITICAL PERSON