CAN TRUTH BE WRONG?

 Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Weekday of Lent (5)

First Reading. Daniel 3: 14-20, 24-25, 28
Psalm. Daniel 3: 29-34 (R. 29b)
Gospel. John 8: 31-42

TOPIC FOR REFLECTION.

CAN TRUTH BE WRONG?

Truth is the truth: God is God

God is truth, and the truth is God.

False is false: who is not God is not God

God is not false, and false is not God.

Life is life because God gives life

God is life, and life is God.

For more reason, only God gives life.

God is light, and light is God

Good deeds are shining light: God

Evil deeds are thick darkness: Devil

I guess you remember part of the Apostles' creed, 

God from God

Light from light 

True God from true God

Begotten not made

One in substance with the Father

Through Him, all things were made.

For us men and our salvation

He came down from Heaven 

Was incarnate of the Virgin Mary

By the power of the Holy Spirit and was made Man.

The part of the creed enumerated above was what Jesus was trying to explain to the Jews.

In the Gospel, Jesus said, "If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

This means if you know Jesus, you know know the truth. 

”They answered Him (Jesus), “We are descendants of Abraham, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will be set free?” Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. The slave does not continue in the house forever; the son continues forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are descendants of Abraham, yet you seek to kill me because my word finds no place in you. I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.

”They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do what Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God; this is not what Abraham did. You do the works of your father.” They said to him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.”

Following their discussion, one can see clearly that it is useless to argue with TRUTH. 

Please never argue with the Truth, but the dialogue 

My dear, Jesus is Truth because of the Truth Begot Him. (God begot Jesus)

Similarly, each one of us created in the image and likeness of God has truth inherent in us. More reason, if we tell lie, our conscience will flog us, even though one may deny it, still, we can not destroy it; the truth. 

God is truth and life, hence human being created in the image of God has truth living in their consciences and lives to sustain the truth.

Therefore, we are made of truth and life.

Truth is life, and life is truth

Truth can not exist without life

Remember Jesus said, I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE... Cf. John 14: 6

Invariably life and truth can not contradict each other.

Similarly, Jesus who is truthful can not contradict himself.

Life is precious, and to live in truth is to value life.

Therefore, since TRUTH CAN NOT BE WRONG:

JESUS CAN NOT BE WRONG

Peace ✌️ be with you.

Rev. Fr. Segun Oladeji, CRS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW WHY AND HOW JESUS OVERCAME HIS TEMPTATION?

IF JESUS WAS BAD, CAN YOU FOLLOW HIM?

DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITICAL PERSON