THE OBEDIENCE OF JESUS

 Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Weekday of Easter (5)

First Reading. Acts 14: 19-28
Psalm. 145: 10-13, 21 (R. see 12a)
Gospel. John 14: 27-31

TOPIC FOR REFLECTION 

THE OBEDIENCE OF JESUS TO THE FATHER. 

Jesus said: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. 

*** Jesus left His peace with us, are we truly in peace with one another? 

If Jesus gave us his peace, as His followers, we ought to give the same peace to one another. 

Instead, Christians are the ones denying themselves peace. 

The questions are... 

1. If Jesus the prince of peace, left us with His peace, why is it difficult for people to find the same peace among we His followers?

2. Why are we, troublemakers? 

3. Why are we fighting, destroying, and slandering one another, just for the gain of material wealth that cannot give peace? 

4. Why do Christians take pleasure in plotting evil against fellow Christians? etc. 

Jesus said: Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 

*** If you are a true Christian, and you claim to love Jesus, why the fear? 

To live in constant fear is a sign that one does not love the person of Jesus, and never has trust in Him. Always remember that fear dims the bright light of success, while it expands the doom of darkness. 

Jesus said: You heard me say to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father. 

*** My dear brothers and sisters-in-Christ, let us rejoice because Jesus came into the world, the firstborn from the dead, and has gone to prepare a place for us, we should be happy because our faith and hope in Him is not in vain. 

Jesus said: The Father is greater than I. 

*** This time, let's not our faith be shaken. The truth is that Jesus is equal with the Father, because He, Jesus is the Word of God. However, Jesus in human form would ordinarily refer to God as my Father in heaven. 

So, whenever speaks in human form, He refers to God as my Father and shows us an example of how to relate with God

Jesus said: I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place, you may believe. I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me; but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father.”

*** Check out His last statement, that he allows according to the plan of God, and for the world to know that He is obedient to God as an example for to follow. 

In summary, let's not lose hope in God, and be encouraged that He, Jesus had gone to prepare a place for us in heaven. 

So, fear not, do not become slaves to your fears, rather confront them and become the best. 

Peace ✌️ be with you. 

Rev. Fr. Segun Olafeji, CRS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW WHY AND HOW JESUS OVERCAME HIS TEMPTATION?

IF JESUS WAS BAD, CAN YOU FOLLOW HIM?

DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITICAL PERSON