JESUS LOVES YOU MORE.

 Thursday, May 11, 2023

Weekday of Easter (5) 

First Reading. Acts 15: 7-21
Psalm. 96: 1-3, 10 (R. see 3)
Gospel. John 15: 9-11

TOPIC FOR REFLECTION 

THE LOVE OF JESUS 

The fulfillment of God's commandment is Love. God loves us, and we must love Him in return. 

However, how can we love the God we have not seen? 

Well, the only way we can love God whom we have not seen is to love the small gods He created (human beings).

In His image and likeness, He created man. Cf. Gen 2: 7 

Do you not know that they are little gods? Cf. John 10: 34 

If the attributes of God is love, and Jesus is the love of the Father

Then the attributes of the little gods should be love. 

Invariably, we are expected to be seen as Love, since our creator is the fullness of Love in His Son,  Jesus Christ. 

Jesus said, if you love me, you will keep my commandments, and His commandment is LOVE. 

Therefore, it is when we become Love, that we can love perfectly, and if we love, we will keep God's commandments. 

If we keep God's commandments, it shows we love and accept Jesus whom the Father sent to redeem us, because Jesus is the fullness of God's love. Cf. John 3: 16

Jesus said to his disciples, “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.”

May the love of Christ continue to dwell in us always. 

Peace ✌️ be with you 

Rev. Fr. Segun Oladeji, CRS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU KNOW WHY AND HOW JESUS OVERCAME HIS TEMPTATION?

IF JESUS WAS BAD, CAN YOU FOLLOW HIM?

DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITICAL PERSON